Power System Engineering
Uttarakhand technical University offers its campus PG program in Faculty of Technology. It offers M.Tech full time program in Power System Engineering along with four different disciplines approved by AICTE. This course was started in the year 2011 with intake of 24 students and 6sponsored candidates from Industries or from Other Academic Institutions.This is two years program completed in four semesters.
The students enhance technical skills in
- Modeling, analyzing and solving contemporary issues in power sector with Indian and global perspective.
- Ability to identify and solve the real-life engineering problems in the area of power system.
- Carry out detailed investigation of complex problems in power system and envision advanced research in the thrust areas.
- Continued pursuance of research towards design and propose theoretical and practical methodologies for power system infrastructure.
Spacious lecture rooms with well equiped latest learning facilities are major concern of the Institute. It also facilitate modern network lab, well stocked library providing a scope to students to learn and experience well.
- Smart Seminar Hall
- Spacious Auditorium with 300 capacities
- Workstation with installed latest version of MATLAB, Python etc.
- Classroom, Library and other facilities of learning are available
- Power system analysis and optimization, Power markets, Smart Grids, Power Quality,Power Electronics, Power Generation Control, Renewable Energy, Intelligent techniques for control of power system, Power System Protection, AI application to Power System.
Why did you choose this course in FOT?:-
Power system engineering is the area which mostly affects the human life. This branch covers different fields such as smart grid, micro-grid, renewable energy sources, electrical vehicle, energy storage system, application of artificial intelligence etc.